Slightly alternate ending on S7 DVD - Insurance Dodge ep

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

al bundee
Onkel Stymie C.Bundy

Slightly alternate ending on S7 DVD - Insurance Dodge ep

Post by al bundee » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:34 pm

Ok not sure if any others have notice this, but I only consider it a minor thing, at the ending credits of this ep, I remember the version that aired on TV in australia, you see kelly was speaking on the phone saying she doesnt have 50k's but 50g's, the version on DVD, it is still there, but just a still photo of her on the back ground is used. (instead of actually seeign her talkon the phone) Maybe this is one of the alternate endings or som,ething.

Other than that, as far as I can tell, all eps are intact

Tido
Your favorite MWC Character: Jefferson

Post by Tido » Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:52 am

Yeah thats a mistake from the Sony Side. I have no idea why sony done that , but it is not a alternative Ending.

On December 5th is the 8th Season coming;)

2427 Min bisherige DVD Laufzeit (40,45 Stunden) MWC Season 1-5 (11)

al bundee
Onkel Stymie C.Bundy

Post by al bundee » Sat Oct 21, 2006 12:23 pm

Whether that will be the same for the US r1 release who knows. It probably will anyway.

Well its not a major issue.

Most important thing is all eps are uncut, as far as I can tell.

ANd about Season 8, yes I know about it.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Re: Slightly alternate ending on S7 DVD - Insurance Dodge ep

Post by Daniel » Sat Oct 21, 2006 4:58 pm

al bundee wrote:Ok not sure if any others have notice this, but I only consider it a minor thing, at the ending credits of this ep, I remember the version that aired on TV in australia, you see kelly was speaking on the phone saying she doesnt have 50k's but 50g's, the version on DVD, it is still there, but just a still photo of her on the back ground is used. (instead of actually seeign her talkon the phone) Maybe this is one of the alternate endings or som,ething.

Other than that, as far as I can tell, all eps are intact
Maybe there was a problem with the master tapes so they inserted a still instead of the few seconds video.

Zypherix

Post by Zypherix » Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:10 pm

Similiar thing with "Un-Alful entry", the end credits feature a stillshot of Kelly sitting in court waiting for her cheeseburger (while the end credits roll), but you can hear the audience laughing, but Kelly sits perfectly still. When the end credits have rolled by, she starts moving and delivers her line "where is my cheeseburger", if i remember correctly you could originally see her move while the end credits rolled...

al bundee
Onkel Stymie C.Bundy

Post by al bundee » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:30 am

Yes that too I forgot about that. I wonder why it happened. I think these still shots are just used as an alternate ending. Bummer but oh well.

Thing is what is to say even if one waits froever for the US release, it could be the same.

Other than that, I have to admit, the quality of the DVDs are great.

PsychoDad
Ephraim Wanker

Post by PsychoDad » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:31 pm

I've got another qeustion. A couple of days ago, i received the 7th season on dvd. The intro of every season is not with the song of Frank Sinatra-Love and Marriage..But it's a different songs without any singing....Why is this? It sounds terrible....

Zypherix

Post by Zypherix » Mon Oct 30, 2006 1:41 pm

Been that way since the third season... cause of rights issues

PsychoDad
Ephraim Wanker

Post by PsychoDad » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:28 pm

Hmm really since the third? But I've also got the dvd with the 10 most outrageous episodes, but those intro's are the originale.....And soms of those episodes are from season 5 and 6

Zypherix

Post by Zypherix » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:31 pm

Yes, only the season sets are effected.

Zypherix

Post by Zypherix » Fri Dec 08, 2006 6:16 pm

Ok season eight is WEIRD when it comes to the end scenes.
They even play the new intro over scenes that shouldnt have the end credits, such as "How Green Was my Apple", just a freezeframe.!!!!!

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:05 am

I found an answer for this on wikipedia- :wink:

"The replaced theme song was the cause of the syndicated versions of seven episodes in season four, as Sony did not have access to the original masters of these episodes, and had to use syndicated prints. As the end credits had to be altered to credit the new theme song, certain scenes that originally ran during the end credits had to be replaced with a freezeframe. In most episodes affected, the original audio plays in the background while you see a freezeframe, however in a few cases a freezeframe is used, but the original audio is replaced with the theme song."

Zypherix

Post by Zypherix » Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:01 am

Heh.. im the person who wrote that :)

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:39 pm

haha Well, I wondered why whoever wrote that on wikipedia wasn't a bundynet person. I guess I was right on! :)

Zypherix

Post by Zypherix » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:13 pm

Well I've been checking through the latter seasons to look for freezeframe edits :p might as well post it on wikipedia.
list of edits i noticed: (and with some help from others) http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/sho ... ost3497469