A question about the unaired Pilot

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

RedH
Shoe Salesman

A question about the unaired Pilot

Post by RedH » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:40 pm

Hi,

There's something I wonder about the taping date of the unaired Pilot. The script says Tape: 12-12-86. I have no problem about that, but I found this picture:

http://www.bundypics.com/pilot/pilot01.jpg

Unformatted 12-17-86

Seems to come from the tape of the unaired pilot. Any idea about what this unformatted means ?

Thanx in advance :wink:

Tido
Your favorite MWC Character: Jefferson

Post by Tido » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:24 am

i think its more interesting were we can find the pilot.

2427 Min bisherige DVD Laufzeit (40,45 Stunden) MWC Season 1-5 (11)

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:52 am

I have the pilot :o) .
It's from the mastertape and you see that screen the fist seconds.
Here are some caps: http://yatuc.com/4ec

MAD_DOG
Onkel Stymie C.Bundy

Whoaw

Post by MAD_DOG » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:58 am

Can anybody tell me where to find the pilot? and were those kids supposed to be kelly and bud? why were they changed?

RedH
Shoe Salesman

Post by RedH » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:23 am

Tido wrote:i think its more interesting were we can find the pilot.
Great, now the thread is a 'where can I find the unaired pilot ?' and nobody will care about the original question which, even if it seems less interesting, is my question. And I have to admit that I have a certain interest for it :wink:

Maybe if someone know what is a formatted episode in television lingo we would be able to know what does unformatted mean ? The episode seems pretty much ready to be aired: Main title (opening with Tina Caspary and Hunter Carson) - Act I - Bumper - Act II - Credits.

I tried to find the answer with google, but what I found about formatted and unformatted only referred to screenplay writing.

MAD_DOG:

Not where to find it, but here's some info about it:
http://www.bundyology.com/hpg/sppilot.html

Glenn
Bob Rooney

Post by Glenn » Thu Jun 29, 2006 2:53 pm

Maybe unformatted means uncut, since it's never been aired ^^
Dicke Frauen: Eins, Zwo, Drei, Vier, keine Dickenwitze hier!
Al: Fünf, Sechs, Sieben, Acht, bis ihr durch den Boden kracht.

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:08 pm

I've no idea what unformated and formated meens. But I think it just says that it's the original "unformated" tape. Not cuted and such things.

MAD_DOG
Onkel Stymie C.Bundy

Post by MAD_DOG » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:20 pm

RedH wrote:
Tido wrote:i think its more interesting were we can find the pilot.
Great, now the thread is a 'where can I find the unaired pilot ?' and nobody will care about the original question which, even if it seems less interesting, is my question. And I have to admit that I have a certain interest for it :wink:

Maybe if someone know what is a formatted episode in television lingo we would be able to know what does unformatted mean ? The episode seems pretty much ready to be aired: Main title (opening with Tina Caspary and Hunter Carson) - Act I - Bumper - Act II - Credits.

I tried to find the answer with google, but what I found about formatted and unformatted only referred to screenplay writing.

MAD_DOG:

Not where to find it, but here's some info about it:
http://www.bundyology.com/hpg/sppilot.html
Thanks for the info but i'm really more interested in seeing the episode.

RedH
Shoe Salesman

Post by RedH » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:44 pm

Glenn wrote:Maybe unformatted means uncut, since it's never been aired ^^
admin wrote:I've no idea what unformated and formated meens. But I think it just says that it's the original "unformated" tape. Not cuted and such things.
My 1st thought too. Maybe something like a raw version. It's probably something like Unformatted for broadcasting. So maybe means this version is not approved and must not be aired. I was just asking in case someone know about tv show production lingo.

Anyway makes me think that it took 6 days to make this version or maybe only 4 if they don't work week-end :wink: because 12-12-86 was a friday... Unless the taping date is wrong.

I know my questions and thoughts sound weird, but I'm just trying to find info about the origins of the show and sometimes (like this one) understand what I found...

Thanx for your answers :wink:
Last edited by RedH on Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tido
Your favorite MWC Character: Jefferson

Post by Tido » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:53 pm

the pilot is a great easter egg for the next video of the month;)

2427 Min bisherige DVD Laufzeit (40,45 Stunden) MWC Season 1-5 (11)

Daniel
Site Admin

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:02 pm

RedH wrote: Anyway makes me think that it took 6 days to make this version or maybe only 4 if they don't work week-end :wink: because 12-12-86 was a friday... Unless the taping date is wrong.
Each episode took one week to complete.
3 days rehearing and two days shooting.

MAD_DOG
Onkel Stymie C.Bundy

Post by MAD_DOG » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:21 am

Tido wrote:the pilot is a great easter egg for the next video of the month;)
Are those videos available for download or only streaming? If for download I hope someone can submit a link for the whole video.
admin wrote:
RedH wrote: Anyway makes me think that it took 6 days to make this version or maybe only 4 if they don't work week-end :wink: because 12-12-86 was a friday... Unless the taping date is wrong.
Each episode took one week to complete.
3 days rehearing and two days shooting.
If you read the link submitted by RedH it is said that the majority of the episode was done and it only needed some minor reediting to replace the kids. If the original kids had gotten the parts it would have made their careers but I can't really imagine anybody instead of fastino(sp?) and Applegate. The chemistry between Christina and Ed is really great and you feel as if she really is his daughter. Other shows like still standing you just don't get that feeling like with married. Anybody agree with me?

Jefferson Darcy
French

Post by Jefferson Darcy » Wed Jul 19, 2006 8:35 pm

whole answers you can find on http://blog.albundy.net by downloading the first part on the post e true hollywood story...

sklose@chello.at
Iggy Bundy

Post by sklose@chello.at » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:25 pm

To the original Question: I don't think that "unformatted" has a lot to do with cuts and stuff. Because if it were an unedited tape you would have "Property of Fox" and a few timecodes running also on the screen, which this tape obviously has not.

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:33 am

Maybe it has to do with the film. You know how certain DVDs say "picture is formatted to fit you screen" or somthing. Film comes in different formats 35mm etc Perhaps the the show was filmed but it needed to processed i.e. formatted to be braodcast and it never was?