We need to get some more members in here....

Post here if you have any ideas or wishes

Moderator: Moderators

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:15 am

AxelFoley wrote:Well, from another board I am a member of the Admin decides a date for a 'Chat Night' and sends out an email to all those who subscribes to them when the date is set, then when the date is coming closer he sends out reminders. This could be a good idea if enough people would be willing to participate in a chat session.
I'm also the webmaster of another board (>5000 Users) and there is also a fixed chat date.
But it is moderated by a moderator because
a) I don't have the time
b) I don't like chatrooms

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Mon Aug 27, 2007 8:37 am

Well then, let one of the moderators fix the Chat Night then, if there is enough interest. Maybe a poll could be made to test the interest?

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:45 am

the problem is we all live in different places so we all have different times. if we all agreed on 4 pm that would even be a problem because we would all have a different 4 pm. maybe if we started letting guests back in it would pick up, but then we risk the spam bots.

i dont know how dan has the board set up but maybe he could set it where any higher rank can suspend a lower rank then any regular member could moderate a guest or french to keep the spam out while letting real guests in. but registering is free so why dont the guests just register? i dont know.

but i do know that usually i am the only member on while i'm here and there are usually 3-7 guests acording to the index window.

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:57 am

Yea, I don't know how into a chat room I would be at this point, but I still like the idea of being alerted whenever a new post or topic is made. No pressure Brother Dan I'm just keeping my scheme alive!

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Re: We need to get some more members in here....

Post by marriedaniac » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:13 pm

How often does the chatroom here get used these days?

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:20 pm

Is there a chatroom?
ahhhmm... never as far as I know..

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:26 pm

There's been a recent resurgence. I was wondering if for any particular reason? No new MWC specials aired AFAIK :P (like Feb 2003 after the Reunion Special aired, site visits went way up)

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:43 pm

marriedaniac wrote:There's been a recent resurgence. I was wondering if for any particular reason? No new MWC specials aired AFAIK :P (like Feb 2003 after the Reunion Special aired, site visits went way up)
Do you mean your site has gotten more hits? There's only one logical assumption to make, of course.

FOR HONDO!!!!!!!!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:53 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:
marriedaniac wrote:There's been a recent resurgence. I was wondering if for any particular reason? No new MWC specials aired AFAIK :P (like Feb 2003 after the Reunion Special aired, site visits went way up)
Do you mean your site has gotten more hits? There's only one logical assumption to make, of course.

FOR HONDO!!!!!!!!
:lol:

I can't tell about mine because any tracking info would be for albundy.net, I think. But I have received a bit more mail than usual!?

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:22 pm

Maybe because Netflix has MWC on streaming now? People can watch it easily and then they remember the greatness.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:42 pm

I sometimes wonder how some these threads can have hundreds of views and like 2 replies. Am I the only one?

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Apr 25, 2013 1:46 am

I'm sure some bots take up a chunk of the views, but yes, I also sometimes wonder why some threads are left with so few replies.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:08 am

Shoe Dick wrote:I'm sure some bots take up a chunk of the views, but yes, I also sometimes wonder why some threads are left with so few replies.
I think that's some of it. But it does seem like threads that would be more popular do get more views.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:30 am

Damn spam bots!

People like to view posts rather than make the effort to actually post a reply. So it's hard to know if your posts go ignored or not.