Re: David Garrison or Ted Mcginley

Post by dolmo333 » Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:03 pm

Well, Jefferson rules, so Ted.
/Daniel

...oh well, that changes NOTHING!

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Apr 27, 2008 5:10 am

I'v got to say Jefferson. Steve was ok but Ted McGinley was just hilarious. "I'd be a great First Lady, and I wouldn't mind prancing it for the voters."

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:28 am

i vote steve. al wanted to be rich. steve was. steve was a sucess, well untill that loan to al. he lived the life al wanted. he had money, a wife who cooked for him, and no kids. jefferson only had what al already has or never wants. jefferson has no money of his own, atleast als money is his till he gets home. jefferson even asked bud for money to go to the nudie bar with al, he has less than al. jefferson has to have sex with marcy. al would thater fly solo but would have sex with jeferson before marcy. (the episode where marcy tells al to keep his hands off her husband and al was like "but his skin is really so soft. peg come here, ya gotta feel this") fro al steve is what he wants to become, jefferson is what hell must be. heck even going to hell wasn't as bad, atleast he got to take da bears to da bowl, then kick satans butt to boot. jefersons life for al wasn't a fate worse than death, it was worse than death and hell combined. there was no winning, just "yes maam". shudder!

Superstition
Shoe Salesman

Post by Superstition » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:55 am

First off, thanks for this great site. I have always enjoyed this show, even when I was 6 years old and didn't understand most of the jokes. But ever since Season 1 came out on DVD, I've been obsessed with this show!

I thought both actors were great in their roles, and I actually enjoyed Steve a bit more than Jefferson. I love when Al was trying to persuade Steve into something... "The World According To Al".

Jefferson was great too, one of the rare times the person who filled in for a departing cast member did the job justice. Jefferson and Steve were foils, but both characters were foils to Al too.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:28 am

As I've already stated in the second post of this topic.
I can't say that either one of them is better than the other.

Both of them are excellent characters and the writers did a great job of defining their roles.
But of course the are completely the opposite of each others.

From the acting both actors have proofed that they can do it! Both of them have been on shows/stage for many years.

But since the role of Jefferson was a little bit funnier I'll tend to give my vote (if I'd have to) to him.

No Ma'am President
Eugene Bundy
Your favorite MWC Character: A tie between Al and Griff

Post by No Ma'am President » Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:35 pm

Both guys were good, but I liked Jefferson's character a bit more. :wink:

Uncle_Meat
Shoe Salesman

Post by Uncle_Meat » Sun May 02, 2010 7:56 pm

Steve Rhoade's character wasn't meant to be funny. He was a foil (contrast) to the others, esp. Marcy and Al Bundy.

Foil (drama):
"a person or thing that makes another seem better by contrast: The straight man was an able foil to the comic."