Al Bundy And The French People

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Tido
Your favorite MWC Character: Jefferson

Post by Tido » Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:51 pm

but mwc makes jokes not Only versus the french people. The Jokes about the Frenchs are hard. But i think its funny. Like Daniel said. If they make Jokes about our History its no more funny.

2427 Min bisherige DVD Laufzeit (40,45 Stunden) MWC Season 1-5 (11)

uktc
Ephraim Wanker

Post by uktc » Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:22 pm

I don`t know, but i laugh so much when Al says something about french :P It is so funny .... :)
Image Feel The Beat...

GSP
Chicken

Post by GSP » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:58 am

Hey I'm French and line 2 or 3 of Al's 9 commandments " It is wrong to be French ". Has kept me laughing since he said it.

Grandmaster B.
Ike Foreman

Post by Grandmaster B. » Fri Jan 13, 2006 2:21 pm

So, i think this "hating french" thing, is this..

I can't remember that well, but i think, i heard in one episode, that
Al thinks, that French men, are NO men...

Maybe the reasons are that romantic storys about France..

And Al hates romantic i think ^^
Zusatz zu den 9 Geboten:

1. Du sollst nicht begehren dein eigen Weib!
2. Heirate Niemals!

MAD_DOG
Onkel Stymie C.Bundy

Post by MAD_DOG » Thu May 25, 2006 10:50 pm

well americans hate the french probably because of the WWs. but its really no big deal. americans make fun of the canadians, french, british, and all europians. but emaratis people make fun of suadis, irish of welsh, lebanese of syrians, egyptions, saudis, arabs, palasinians, tunisians, algerians, emaraties, kuwaities, saudies, french.... and a long list of other countries. the lebanese people are generally considered "Manayeke" meaning they always screw around with people.

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:51 am

There is a sense that because of WWI and WWII (there is a feeling here that France capitulated too quickly) that America saved France (You could even count the Cold War) and then France doesn't seem to reciprocate when America needs help. Obviously Al Bundy was talking before 9/11 and Iraq but Al even states it outright in season one or two when Steve wanted to go to Paris.... "Paris, where they hate Americans. They won't let our bombers fly over till they get invaded then they come crawling Beret in hand for my tax dollars!" The other thing is that so many things that seem rude to the French Americans induldge in and vice versa. For example, I was in Normandy once and went into a restaurant for dinner. I ordered coffee right away. We Americans never sleep so we need constant stimulents to keep us from tipping over! Anyway the French waiter proceeded to refuse to bring me coffee until after my dinner. I insisted and he refused. I said "I know, I'm a crude crass unsophisticated cowboy can I please have my coffee?" No Coffee. See, in America we have a saying "The customer is always right." If I go into a restaurant and order a KC strip steak with a scoop of ice cream on top the waiter will say "Whatever man you're the one tipping me." Its just a cultural difference. We come across as crude or rude to one another even though we aren't trying to be. :wink:

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:50 am

Self-edited.
Last edited by Dr. Shoe on Wed Nov 21, 2007 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:28 am

who is sarkosky? that dosn't sound like a frech name. and for the non american not all americans dislike the french. heck the frenc helped us win alot of the wars. ww1, ww2, the civil war (and amde slavery a condition), but most importantly the revolutionary war. there wouldn't even be a usa without the french. we would still be an english teritory. the french are good people.

i met the french because i was an american army truck driver based in pirmasens about 10 km from the french border. when i was new to the area i got lost a few times. i ended up in france more than once. i also took a trip to paris. i was never treated rudely there. unless i'm the luckiest american on the plant the french must be good people. and if you ever meet one of my exes you'll know al's luck was better than mine.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:56 am

Nicolas Sarkozy?
The actual president of France: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolas_Sarkozy