Fans not buying the DVD's because of the missing theme song

for english talking people

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Fans not buying the DVD's because of the missing theme song

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:16 am

So I'm having an argument with a guy on IMDb who thinks I'm a tool for having spent money on the Married With Children DVD sets simply because they (seasons 3-11) don't have the theme song intact. This guy, as well as another dude, are boycotting the DVD releases, refusing to buy them just because the theme song is replaced from season 3 and onwards.

Is it just me, or is that crazy? Now I love the theme song just as much as the next person, but not wanting to own the show on DVD because of its replacement? That's just stupid IMO and also sounds like an excuse for not wanting to pay the money the sets cost. He thinks I should tape it off of TV instead and be satisfied with that :roll: They are also in a fantasy world where they are holding out, waiting for Sony to pay the Sinatra estate their money so that they can re-release the show on DVD just so that the four people who are boycotting the release can go ahead and buy them now :)

What do you guys think about this? Isn't this a bit extreme? One of the guys even says that the theme song is HALF the enjoyment of the show for him.

Here's the link for those who are interested: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092400/boa ... 043791?p=1

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Re: Fans not buying the DVD's because of the missing theme s

Post by ARMAN » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:04 am

who cares about theme song lol? those people have no lifes :D

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:18 pm

I hate debates like this. I understand some people are "purists" (I can't stand the new theme "music" so I just skip past it) but are you going to watch the entire credit sequence when watching dvds episodes over and over? (Perhaps.)

Also, if these crazies are American, then of course recording some syndicated crap off the TV is better than a full episode with a replaced theme. Idiots.

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:09 pm

you can legally make backups for your own use. with virtual dub (a free video editing program) you could over write the themesong to the original. and sony wont be putting the old theme back in. with the ps3 they lost all the money they had made on ps and ps2. they missed the boat when they could aford it. the sad thing is that they had plenty of time but refused to release the dvds while they still had the rights to the song. if you want the dvds you have to take what you can get or not get it at all. if its really that big of a deal to you you just have to edit the song back in from 1 of the 1st 3 seasons.

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:10 am

rdo3 wrote:you can legally make backups for your own use. with virtual dub (a free video editing program) you could over write the themesong to the original. and sony wont be putting the old theme back in. with the ps3 they lost all the money they had made on ps and ps2. they missed the boat when they could aford it. the sad thing is that they had plenty of time but refused to release the dvds while they still had the rights to the song. if you want the dvds you have to take what you can get or not get it at all. if its really that big of a deal to you you just have to edit the song back in from 1 of the 1st 3 seasons.

Well look who's back!

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:51 am

hey doc hows it goin? yep i'm back again. another total reformat of my pc. hopefully viruses are a thing of the past. 1 hijacked my email and started spamming. sorry if here was one of the victims. since it's a hotmail account not even staying off line helped because microsoft servers are always on line. they used the vacation/away function. i notice we lost all marcies poststs and dan said it would be alot of work to get them back. if he can explain the steps needed to get them back i can do alot of work.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 pm

Welcome back, anyhoo.
And yeah - if you want the original theme, then re-dub it for yourself. :) If people are going to be downloading episodes then dvdrips are the ones they will usually be getting.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:04 pm

rdo3 wrote:hey doc hows it goin? yep i'm back again. another total reformat of my pc. hopefully viruses are a thing of the past. 1 hijacked my email and started spamming. sorry if here was one of the victims. since it's a hotmail account not even staying off line helped because microsoft servers are always on line. they used the vacation/away function. i notice we lost all marcies poststs and dan said it would be alot of work to get them back. if he can explain the steps needed to get them back i can do alot of work.
I tried even on the google cache a lot of the posts aren't there and the pictures are just kind of blank squares, its kind of wierd.

GrandmasterB
Onkel Irwin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by GrandmasterB » Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:49 am

its annoying as hell but it didnt stop me buying the collection