Shoe salesman's job

News
ARMAN
No Maam Member

Shoe salesman's job

Post by ARMAN » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:49 pm

i havent seen salesman doing the work Al did, kneeing infront of the customer taking theyr shoes off(Image) do salesman do that in your country?

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Re: Shoe salesman's job

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:51 pm

I remember that they used to do that back in the 1980s at department stores and mid-range priced shoe stores and up. They used to get out a shoe sizer and help you on with the shoe. I remember they would squeeze the shoe after you put it on or push it in certain places to make sure the shoe contoured to your foot well enough. My wife said she thinks in the 1990s they started doing less of this unless you went to a high end shoestore.

I suppose its like anything. I remember how they used to have full service at gas stations. Now you have to go to a lot nicer neighborhoods to get that. And back in the day full service was the norm, it wasn't even extra. But that was before my time.

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:20 am

oh so it probably doesnt exist anymore even in expensive shops?

i think this job is degrading and i totally get why Al was hating fat women cause fat people have stinky everything! :)

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:24 am

ARMAN wrote:oh so it probably doesnt exist anymore even in expensive shops?

i think this job is degrading and i totally get why Al was hating fat women cause fat people have stinky everything! :)
I think the expensive stores still do it that way.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Last time I bought new shoes was... I can't remember, but I picked them off the table, tried them on, and purchased them.
Some stores do have Al-style salespeople - Athlete's Foot come to mind, where they measure your foot and fit you properly for sports shoes, etc. Others (ladies stores) will help you find the right fit and everything, but you will usually put your shoe on yourself. :)
Oh, and they give you spare socks to put on. (I don't know if that's better, though -- smelly socks other have used??)

InMeelisFest
New Market Maller
Your favorite MWC Character: Al and Kelly

Post by InMeelisFest » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:03 pm

Here it's just you walk in and maybe try the shoe on and at best the man or woman tells you more about their shoe selection.
So to answer thread - No.
.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-