MWC 25th Anniversary Special on FOX next year

News
Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

MWC 25th Anniversary Special on FOX next year

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed May 18, 2011 12:38 am

In the following article us MWC fans are being teased by getting very little information about a 25th anniversary special honoring MWC: http://www.tvguide.com/News/Fox-Upfront ... 33163.aspx

Fox also announced a 25th anniversary special honoring Married ... With Children would air in April 2012.

I want more details!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Re: MWC 25th Anniversary Special on FOX next year

Post by marriedaniac » Wed May 18, 2011 5:23 pm

zLZJd;ld cvlxk'vnlxc klx lmv;sLdfm:LSdmv;ldm;ldvm;;;;;;;;;;;

PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASE

That's less than a year away! (I'm being an optometrist.) :mrgreen:
Hopefully we'll get more info soon. Like, it'll be a proper special with new cast stuff, rarely seen footage and not just a thrown together clip show.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Wed May 18, 2011 5:40 pm

Actually, it could be a 25th anniversary for FOX in general:
In-between, we were told about a 25th anniversary special for FOX, airing next year, and were treated to clips from the likes of Married… with Children, 21 Jump Street, Beverly Hills, 90210, Malcolm in the Middle and many more that allowed for a lot of nostalgia. But, as it should be, it was the new shows that were the main attraction…
http://au.tv.ign.com/articles/116/1168679p1.html

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Wed May 18, 2011 7:15 pm

hmmmm. looks like i am going to have to take a day off work next year. if need be i supose either grandama or my dog could die again.....i just wish i could remember which died last time. ohh well i'll just mane them lazarus and say it runs in their family.

ARMAN
No Maam Member

Post by ARMAN » Wed May 18, 2011 7:33 pm

god damn! one year to wait!!!!! oh noes!!!! :cry:

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Wed May 18, 2011 7:40 pm

That sounds great - maybe we get some new clips and/or some words from the actors.

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Post by Shoe Dick » Wed May 18, 2011 7:52 pm

rdo3 wrote:hmmmm. looks like i am going to have to take a day off work next year. if need be i supose either grandama or my dog could die again.....i just wish i could remember which died last time. ohh well i'll just mane them lazarus and say it runs in their family.
:)

They better not have gotten it mixed up with what Marriedaniac posted. It must be an anniversary show with new stuff!

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 am

o love daniac like a brother, well maybe a sister if i remember what i read right. but married was throwing water on our fire. the key wors wer "in between", but daniac didn't say between what. it was a fox preview of next season. of corse next seasons shows should be the main attraction for a preview of the upcoming season. what her/his "tween" quote was sandwiched in was:

FOX didn't match NBC's Upfront presentation earlier the same day when it came to mixing in performances with their presentation, but we did get a look at footage from Glee's upcoming New York-set (and produced) season finale, and Jane Lynch made another appearance as Sue Sylvester. The FOX presentation also ended with several contestants from American Idol performing, joined by So You Think You Can Dance contestants.

In-between, we were told about a 25th anniversary special for FOX, airing next year, and were treated to clips from the likes of Married… with Children, 21 Jump Street, Beverly Hills, 90210, Malcolm in the Middle and many more that allowed for a lot of nostalgia. But, as it should be, it was the new shows that were the main attraction…

There are few sure things in television, but even with high expectations, it's probably a safe bet that The X Factor will at least be a success – it's just a question of whether it can be an American Idol-sized hit, as it will likely be criticized if it comes short of that goal. We were shown a clip package made up of edited together footage from the recently-begun auditions for the show, along with clips from the original UK version that were certainly given a dramatic feel, with the bombastic music and tone – one would think this show would Change Everything.

i choose to believe "in between" was a seperate thing. the new shows were the main attraction for the nest season preview, they "why you should start watching. the aniversy special is a thank you to the viewers and shows how got them this far. the reunion special was announced in the middle of next seasons previrew, not a preview of the special. who even remembers 21 jumpstreet? it was jonny depps 1st show, but not as important to fox. the simpsons started off as a bit on the tracy ulman show which debuted along with married.....why not highlight that? if 21 jumpstreet is part of the reunion worth mentioning...the special is 100% retro and not new.

i think the preview show was more about who fox wants to be than who they are. they still ony have 2 hours of primetime programming vs the other networks 3 hours. fox still feels adopted rather than part of the tv family.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Thu May 19, 2011 5:18 pm

Yes, hence the link I posted. It's currently that time of year when all the networks are announcing their schedules for next season. As more info comes out we will know for sure. It's probably a FOX restrospect with (perhaps) a large emphasis on MWC and the shows that started in 1987.

Oh, and r2d2, daniac luvs you like a brother/sister/thing, too. :mrgreen:

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri May 20, 2011 4:57 am

Of course we all dream of a one hour special with the old cast returning for an encore performance.

CCJ
Onkel Irwin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy and Kelly!!

Post by CCJ » Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:35 am

The movie would be great!!! Or a special episode to end the show!!

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 am

end the show hell. i want it to begin again not end. and even nickelodian has picked up mwc, a yank kids channel. the censors wont be a problem anymore.

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:06 am

rdo3 wrote:end the show hell. i want it to begin again not end. and even nickelodian has picked up mwc, a yank kids channel. the censors wont be a problem anymore.

What? You mean Nick at Night don't you?

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:16 am

supriseed the heck out of me. i was looking for tvland mid day which is a couple of channels below in direct tvs grid. the nick channel is around 300 and mwc. mwc is on the "kids" channels block.

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:28 pm

rdo3 wrote:supriseed the heck out of me. i was looking for tvland mid day which is a couple of channels below in direct tvs grid. the nick channel is around 300 and mwc. mwc is on the "kids" channels block.

Huh, well standards have changed. I always kind of make sure my kids aren't paying attention if I'm watching it or that they aren't there. I don't really need them to know what a rubber woman is yet.