Marcy Rhoades, where did she go - and why?

Here you can ask any questions about MWC

Moderator: Moderators

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Al Bundy

Re: Marcy Rhoades, where did she go - and why?

Post by Shoe Dick » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:33 pm

ARMAN wrote:Daniel you have any inside info why Marcy left? btw how is it possible that a member car erase his account and all posts altogeather? as far as i know only admin can do that
She was a moderator, she erased all of her posts, but not her account. I don't think you can erase your own account, but moderators can erase other accounts.

So watch out, or you're smoked! :wink: :)

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

Dr. Shoe
Happy to be a No Ma'am Member
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:37 am

Shoe Dick wrote:
ARMAN wrote:Daniel you have any inside info why Marcy left? btw how is it possible that a member car erase his account and all posts altogeather? as far as i know only admin can do that
She was a moderator, she erased all of her posts, but not her account. I don't think you can erase your own account, but moderators can erase other accounts.

So watch out, or you're smoked! :wink: :)

She even closed her own fansite which makes you wonder if she got a nasty rebuff from EON or something. I mean what makes you go from loving a show like that to just bailing on it?

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:25 pm

:) Well, I don't think it's anything like that. Don't know how that would have played out, really. But it is really odd. It's not like she became less and less active here. She kept posting her screen-caps and everything, then one day - *poof*

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

Check out my Married... With Children collection and read about my meeting with David Faustino: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=3398

lucky
Your favorite MWC Character: Lucky

Post by lucky » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:03 pm

it's really strange, why did she go?
first i thought she has trouble with one of you. But now i think it must be a privat problem.
Have anybody her e-mail adress?
lucky

Dr. Shoe
Your favorite MWC Character: I've got to say Kelly lately....and not just cause she's hot.

Post by Dr. Shoe » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:09 am

I know at least three of us have sent her e-mails through this site. Don't know the actual e-mail though. I can't imagine who of us she would have a problem with unless it is one of the German speakers. Since she took her own site down I kind of think it must be personal. I hope she is ok, even though I'm kinda ticked she bailed. I think I'm still going through the 5 stages of grief!

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:32 pm

I've heard nothing from her (sent her an email).

As already written by Shoe Dick - she was a moderator and had no problems deleting her postings (but every user was able to delete his own postings).
But I changed that setting a few days ago - no you can edit/delete your own posts only a few hours after posting!

Dr. Shoe

Post by Dr. Shoe » Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:39 am

Daniel wrote:I've heard nothing from her (sent her an email).

As already written by Shoe Dick - she was a moderator and had no problems deleting her postings (but every user was able to delete his own postings).
But I changed that setting a few days ago - no you can edit/delete your own posts only a few hours after posting!

A few times I have linked a photograph and then for some reason the link went bad later and I have gone in and replaced the photo with another link. What if I want to do something like that? Just repost I guess?

rdo3
Bob Rooney

Post by rdo3 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:09 pm

well now this sux. i hope she comes back and saved backups of everything.

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:12 pm

Dr. Shoe wrote:

A few times I have linked a photograph and then for some reason the link went bad later and I have gone in and replaced the photo with another link. What if I want to do something like that? Just repost I guess?
Just checked the new settings - you can delete you Post 2 hours long after composing ist.
You can edit your posting 5 days after composing it.

After this time you've to ask a moderator to change it for you.

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:55 pm

Now it seems we need a shoe dick to find Shoe Dick...

Shoe Dick
Asst. Admin

Post by Shoe Dick » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:33 pm

marriedaniac wrote:Now it seems we need a shoe dick to find Shoe Dick...
Me? I'm here! Though I've been "off" the last couple of days because I've been struck with a terrible cold, like Al pretends to be when he's trying to avoid going to Wanker County, only to wind up that sick by the end of the episode.

R.I.P. Ron Leavitt
1947-2008

marriedaniac
No Maam Member

Post by marriedaniac » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:32 pm

Shoe Dick wrote:
marriedaniac wrote:Now it seems we need a shoe dick to find Shoe Dick...
Me? I'm here! Though I've been "off" the last couple of days because I've been struck with a terrible cold, like Al pretends to be when he's trying to avoid going to Wanker County, only to wind up that sick by the end of the episode.
:mrgreen:

"It's enema time!"

ronthekanuk
New Market Maller

Post by ronthekanuk » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:46 pm

==================================

Hi Daniel,

I thought that the Edit feature was set to the default of a few hours...
At least that is what I have seen on a few similar forums using the same type
of boardware.