peggy and babies

Here you can ask any questions about MWC

Moderator: Moderators

ldgc
Shoe Salesman

peggy and babies

Post by ldgc » Fri Jul 01, 2005 1:48 am

I have a serious question? I remember that in some episodes, Peggy was pregnant, and when there was a family meeting all the Bundys ,after saying something they said finally with:"Hail,Baby". But, what happened with Peggy's baby? Did she lost it? Did they give the baby in adoption? what the hell happened?

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Post by Daniel » Fri Jul 01, 2005 11:35 am

Hi Idgc!

In the episode it was just a nightmare Al dreamed!

In real live Katey Sagal was pregnant too, but she lost her baby.

timskold1986
Grandmaster B

Re: peggy and babies

Post by timskold1986 » Fri Jul 01, 2005 8:44 pm

ldgc wrote:I have a serious question? I remember that in some episodes, Peggy was pregnant, and when there was a family meeting all the Bundys ,after saying something they said finally with:"Hail,Baby". But, what happened with Peggy's baby? Did she lost it? Did they give the baby in adoption? what the hell happened?
hello

if i got it right, they wanted the baby as a new character. then katey lost her baby(like admin said), and the makers cancelt the character but katey wanted to go on with the storyline. well, i guess the baby would have sucked as well sa seven/sieben because they have the same "charaktereigenschaften" character properties?! i don´t know the word for that in english

well but they do they say "hail baby" and why do they say in germany that as well? wasn´t that very...well...in germany for that time???

Daniel
Site Admin
Your favorite MWC Character: Marcy

Re: peggy and babies

Post by Daniel » Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:08 pm

timskold1986 wrote: well but they do they say "hail baby" and why do they say in germany that as well? wasn´t that very...well...in germany for that time???
You have to ask the dubbing-company (Arena Synchron :o) ) - but the word "Hail" is very old and why not use it.
But still 60 years after WW2 the word "hail" has a bitter taste.

Glenn
Bob Rooney

Post by Glenn » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:46 pm

Katey was pregnant again during season 9 or 10 when she was absent for a few episodes until she came back in the episode where Al and Jefferson pulled all thos practical jokes on each other.

That baby she luckily didn't lose.

mwcfan1
Onkel Otto

Post by mwcfan1 » Fri Oct 14, 2005 4:40 am

There is nothing wrong with the word "hail". They used that word to show how much Peggy values her unborn child. It is supposed to be a joke, like the baby is a king or something. To some of us the word "hail" does not have a bitter taste. I am American but also part German and proud of it!

blackgloves
Onkel Otto

Post by blackgloves » Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:42 pm

"Hail" is a VERY used word in the english language today. "Hail Mary" (bible) Tu Pac Shukar (music artist) used that phrase "Hail Mary"

Al Bundy used the word "hail" alot. We have phrases we use here in the US that have HAIL in the phrase alot.

If someone acts like they are stuck up, or snobby, then we might say behind that persons back ...."HAIL TO DAVE" (whatever the persons name is)

They used "Hail Baby" to poke fun of how "important" the baby was to Peggy. She made everyone feel so unimportant when it came to her baby, and everyone else was sick of hearing about the baby.

Sorry I went on such a rant about the word Hail. Im shocked on how many non Americans are on this forum for this show. Seems like both (TV/MOVIE) forums Ive been apart of are ran and used by Europeans. Kinda surprising to see that

Tido
Your favorite MWC Character: Jefferson

Post by Tido » Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:39 am

but its god to know about the "HAIL" Word. Thanks

2427 Min bisherige DVD Laufzeit (40,45 Stunden) MWC Season 1-5 (11)